1. You've had a burger - and you deem your favourite to be the absolute best in Adelaide, no matter what any professional review says. Start here though...
2. You've eaten something terrible on Hindley/Rundle Street in the middle of the night: sometimes Maccas, sometimes KFC, or if you're feeling a little more gourmet, a yiros or Zambreros
3. You've had an AB, and at the time thought it was the best thing in the world, then an hour later had all of the regrets
3. Eaten a feast at T-Chow or similar Chinese restaurant with lazy susans on the tables - bonus points if you've gotten pissed while doing so
4. Speaking of China Town, you've had a really questionable $5 all you can eat meal, and afterwards you really hope nothing bad is about to happen to you
5. You've had a frog cake, which are kind of like Vegemite - you either love them, or find them really gross
6. You've had a Villis or Balfours sausage roll, pie or pasty
7. You've shopped or eaten at the market and felt like you're single handedly saving South Australian business
8. You've eaten from a food truck - whether it's Mexican, grilled cheese, Vietnamese, Indian, American or many of the others. If you haven't, get to the next Fork on the Road!
9. When dropping/picking up someone at the airport, you've popped into Ikea for a $1 hotdog or ice cream
10. You've had a sausage sizzle at Bunnings on a Saturday morning, and it was the best thing to happen on your weekend
11. You've gone to a pub like the Ed Castle or The Cumby, not for beers, but for a $10 pub meal. Schnitzels never tasted so damn good.
12. You've found your preferred brunch spot - Bar 9, Zumas, Corner Store Cafe, Mother's Milk, Bambi's Kitchen, The Loose Caboose... The list never ends. You know exactly where to go for the best breakfast in town
13. You've lined up for dessert somewhere like The Aviary Dessert Kitchen or Eggless, because lining up for cake isn't at all embarrassing
14. You've taken an interstate/international person to eat SA produce and proceeded to declare we have the best local produce that ever existed and no one else knows how good food can be
15. You've paid through the roof for a super fancy meal at a super fancy restaurant like Magill Estate, Windy Point or Chianti, and felt like a Sultan
16. You've declared your go-to coffee joint to be the best coffee in Adelaide, and the baristas know your name and order
17. You've tasted the World in Adelaide, whether it's Lebanese, African, Vietnamese, Afghani... you've tried something a bit out there
18. You've had Fritz - whether it's in a sandwich, with some sauce, or just plain jane, you've had some of that disgusting, questionable, delicious 'meat'. What's the weird orange skin made out of? Which part of which animal does it come from? No one really minds...
19. You've had a pie floater, bonus points if it's in the middle of the night at O'Connell St bakery
20. You've had a Haighs experience. Once you go Haighs, you always go back.
Cover image via Fork on the Road