Welcome back to semester two university students! Bloody hell those holidays went fast, and we can’t seem to get out of the Netflix-marathon-pajamas-for-life mode just yet. What’s more, the first half of this semester is 8 weeks long *starts to cry in foetal position*.
1. (Any campus with parking) unless you get there by 9:30am, you’re basically driving around the car-park for 15 minutes until someone leaves and you’re already late for your lecture, so the plan of being early this week went flying out the window.
2. Finally finding a park, but this cockhead in a Ford Laser argues with you cause she reckons her indicator was on first for that space.
3. Trying to be early failed you again cause you have no idea what room your tutorial is in, and you’ve never set foot in that mysterious building across campus.
4. Legit falling in and out of sleep in a lecture because the monotone voice of the professor, along with the dimmed lights, could put New York City to sleep.
5. Almost everyone at any campus thinks uni is a fashion parade on the regular. Nope, sorry no one cares about your $40 beanie, or new Mimco tote (it's pretty yes but we both know its not practical for all the books you’re carrying), your shoulder is secretly dying from exhaustion and we both know it.
6. Wearing heeled boots/any heel whatsoever isn’t practical either, you're only slowing everyone down that's stuck behind you.
7. Walking into the lecture theatre desperate to find a familiar face, but you’re already late so you sit in the first empty spot, next to some odd-smelling hipster who doesn’t shower cause it's bad for the environment.
8. It’s your first day and you’re already reminded how much you hate people, and that staying in bed doing the external subject would’ve been the better option.
9. Rocking up on a freezing day, all layered up, before having to strip to the bare essentials cause your tutor decides to make the room a sauna.
10. When it comes to food you have two options: either prep the night before and bring snacks/fruit/a sandwich, or be willing to spend $30 on a chicken wrap and bottled water - defs not student financially friendly.
11. Eyeing off the last blueberry muffin in the cabinet at Aroma and knowing the person in front of you is gonna order it, so you have to go with plan B and get the raspberry friand that costs more than your petrol money.
12. Having to take out a savings account just to buy a morning coffee.
13. Carrying a backpack was the best decision so far cause who wants the weight of a laptop and 3 textbooks on one shoulder?
14. Seeing friends from the previous semester and catching up on how their holidays were, when you just want to know their grade from last semester.
15. Finding out their grades, you realise how badly you need to get your shit together. Even though “P’s get degrees” is your life motto, with zero fucks given on the daily.
16. Getting annoyed when 3 different room auditors come into the class to count. HELLO didn’t you bump into the last one cause he was here 30 SECONDS AGO.
17. Seeing that acquaintance your friend is friends with and having eye contact, not knowing if they remember who you are, so you smile anyway and then you realise that it's actually a complete stranger instead… oops.
18. Realising your outside-of-course mates at uni are there on the complete opposite days to you, so you can't even have lunch dates to complain about your course/tutors/fellow students. FFS.
Tell us your uni life pet hates or what you realised this week in the comments below!
Header image via The University of Adelaide.