With the summer music festival season in full swing; selecting the perfect outfit can either make or break your festival fun! Luckily RADL has your back, compiling a faultless festival fashion guide that will take you from St Jerome's Laneway festival to The Future Music festival.
- The Playsuit- Besides being one of the biggest fashion trends of this summer, a loose fitting playsuit made of light fabric may be your saviour in the mid-summer heat. They are easy to wear, easy to move in, and come in an array of cuts and prints meaning no clashes or 'twinning' with any other festival goers! The 'All you're waiting for' Playsuit by The Fifth OR Lucid Dreams Playsuit by Finders Keepers the Label gets our vote for the perfect playsuit.
- The Humble Denim shorts- A practical and stylish choice for both the ladies and gents. The best thing about denim shorts- besides the fact that they look great with everything - is that you don't have to be precious with them. You can jump around, sit on the ground and even have a drink spilt on them without losing your $h!t. Not to mention if you're a hardcore groupie... denim shorts always look great with a token band t-shirt.
- Closed in shoes- Please no thongs or sandals! Your feet will get destroyed, either trampled by the eager and slightly intoxicated grooving crowd, burnt by the sweltering sun or scorched by an invasion of blisters. Converse and vans are usually the safest and most appropriate footwear. Once again they are easy to wear, über comfortable and lets face it.. we all have at least one pair.. or four.
- A practical bag- A hand bag is essential for a festival- unless you want to spend the whole day juggling your stuff... A cross body bag is small and light enough not to bother you while your grooving' to your favourite tunes but practicable enough to to keep you essentials.
- Hand Bag essentials- Not necessarily outfit related but definitely needs to be mentioned. Firstly do not leave the house without sunscreen- you'll be thankful later, secondly a lip balm will be your redeemer after a whole day in the sun, thirdly bring cash, don't be that person!
- Sunglasses- The ultimate must-have accessory for a music festival! Not only do they protect your eyes from UV, they add a sense of 'coolness' to any outfit. And between you and me.. they are a life savour in pictures- covering half your face after spending an entire day drinking and dancing in the sun!
- Hat- Another huge trend for this summer and up coming Autumn/Winter season. Besides the fact they protect your face from the sun and keep you relatively cool, they can also transform an outfit. A short brimmed hat like the 'Captain' (pictured below from 66 the Label) is perfect for sunny days spent by the coastline, while fedora adds a cool edge to any outfit. And a note for the guys.. buckets hats are the next big thing for you guys to sport.