One of our favourite pubs in Radelaide is home to some chill vibes, excellent food, and now awesome cocktails! We were lucky enough to snag some spots to The Gully Public House and Garden’s Bacardi Cocktail Masterclass last week to shake things up. We got some hands-on experience making five classic cocktails with different types of Bacardi Rum in a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Each of the cocktails produced were sourced from the most traditional of recipes, dating back to their roots from Cuba and Puerto Rico. This meant lots of flavour, established methods, and plenty of Bacardi Rum to top it off. As the host went through the origins of Bacardi Rum and each cocktail as we made them, we were enriched in another culture unlike any we’ve experienced in this city.
Not only did we sip on fabulous cocktails, but The Gully provided some yummy – and well needed – tapas including fried chicken, pulled pork burgers and crispy potatoes. The perfect mix of pub grub you’d scoff watching the game, and sippin’ on cocktails like we’re in Sex and the City. Pairing elegance with all-you-can-eat mentality is a special gift really.
Bacardi Rum Cocktails to die for:
1. Mojito: fave of the night, traditionally made and best to sip on a few while laying white sandy shores.
2. El Pasaporte: passionfruit in its prime, the only cocktail you'll need when travelling to a tropical place, deeelish!
3. Daiquiri: the traditional lime cocktail to sip with a side of gossip and a few cheeky celeb mags.
4. Old Fashioned: the alcohol is strong with this one, but damn, the bitters and orange combo works a treat.
5. Cuba Libre: gives the good ol' Rum n' Coke a lime twist!
Bummed you missed out on this fun event? Check out The Gully’s website for their upcoming events, with their Bombay Sapphire Cocktail Class coming up this October. These events are a great excuse to get out of the house and learn some new tricks, so grab some girlfriends, or boyfriends, and book for the best experience you’ll have all month.
All images taken by Alexia Frangos.